We have moved to https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
Lots of content was already moved to the new wiki, but there is still work to do. If you want to contribute, please register a new account at https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
This wiki will be kept for a while to keep search engine results valid. Moved sites may be deleted here in future.
LibreCAD Tips and Techniques
Printing a Drawing to Positioned and to Scale with a Border
- Draw the border.
- The border has to be centered within the finished page, or this will not work.
- For my current small page, I am using a 10" x 7.5" border, which is half an inch within a US "letter size" page.
- There must be nothing outside the border, or LibreCAD will use it to center the page, rather than the border.
- Select print preview. This will produce a preview centered to the page, and scaled so that the border is as large as possible.
- Set the scale and check "fixed."
- Press the center button. This positions the drawing, and may also apply the scale factor.
Saving the border as a block may be useful (I haven't tried it) for producing multiple pages with a uniform format.
You may also define your command aliases by changing the alias configuration file and restart LibreCAD:
- %HOME%\local configuration\application data\LibreCAD\librecad.alias
- $HOME/Library/Application Support/LibreCAD/librecad.alias