We have moved to https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
Lots of content was already moved to the new wiki, but there is still work to do. If you want to contribute, please register a new account at https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
This wiki will be kept for a while to keep search engine results valid. Moved sites may be deleted here in future.
Welcome to the LibreCAD Wiki.
This is the community site which provides semi-static documentation for LibreCAD users and developers. Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.
If you wish you get involved with this documentation effort, please visit the LibreCAD Wiki:Community portal page. If you wish you get involved in development directly, head over to our GitHub repo and get started!
If you think you've found a bug or have an idea for an improvement head over to the LibreCAD Tracker on Sourceforge.
- LibreCAD v1 Users' Manual (in progress)
- LibreCAD v1 Quick Start Guide (in progress)
- LibreCAD v1 Developers' Handbook (in progress)
Documentation Under Development
- LibreCAD Users Manual
- LibreCAD Quick Start Guide
- LibreCAD Developers' Handbook
- LibreCAD Plugin Development
Things We Need
- Help Wanted. We welcome Open Source Developers to join us, to improve this free drawing tool in exciting fields such as:
- Help building LibreCAD wiki. Because LibreCAD doesn't have a user manual yet, please contribute to user wiki based on your knowledge accumulated. If you have figured out a feature in LibreCAD, please add to our wiki to help other users. Due to spam, auto-account creation is disabled. Please feel free to contact us by irc or forum to set up your account.
- Implement hatch with ellipse border and implement a robust hatch generating algorithm
- The current spline implementation is not efficient, we would like to replace it with a better spline implementation and add Bezier support as well, see Bezier
- We have implemented new math support for hyperbola and parabola. Implementation support for hyperbola/parabola entities would make LibreCAD capable of doing all conic sections.
- Feature tweaking and bug fixing for printing/painter
- refactor header files to speed up the building process, support for pch headers
- Help putting together hyperbola and parabola entity types
- Document writers to help building wiki and user manuals
- Artists to create icon themes and GUI layout
- Quality Assurance, bug hunting
- Please visit our feature request tracker on sf.net for more information: feature requests
If you are interested in starting your open source development for LibreCAD, please feel free to leave your messages in irc/forum.