We have moved to https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
Lots of content was already moved to the new wiki, but there is still work to do. If you want to contribute, please register a new account at https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/
This wiki will be kept for a while to keep search engine results valid. Moved sites may be deleted here in future.
Welcome to the LibreCAD Wiki.
This is the community site which provides semi-static documentation for LibreCAD users and developers. Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.
If you wish you get involved with this documentation effort, please visit the LibreCAD Wiki:Community portal page. If you wish you get involved in development directly, head over to our GitHub repo and get started!
If you think you've found a bug or have an idea for an improvement head over to the LibreCAD Tracker on Sourceforge.
- LibreCAD v1 Users' Manual (in progress)
- LibreCAD v1 Quick Start Guide (in progress)
- LibreCAD v1 Developers' Handbook (in progress)
Documentation Under Development
- LibreCAD Users Manual
- LibreCAD Quick Start Guide
- LibreCAD Developers' Handbook
- LibreCAD Plugin Development
Things We Need
- Help Wanted
- Help building LibreCAD wiki. Because LibreCAD doesn't have a user manual yet, please contribute to user wiki based on your knowledge accumulated. If you have figured out a feature in LibreCAD, please add to our wiki to help other users. Due to spam, auto-account creation is disabled. Please feel free to contact us by irc or forum to set up your account.
- Implement hatch with ellipse border and implement a robust hash generating algorithm
- The current spline implementation is not efficient, we would like to replace it with a better spline implementation and add Bezier support as well, see Bezier
- Feature tweaking and bug fixing for printing/painter
- Help putting together hyperbola and parabola entity types
- Document writers to help building wiki and user manuals
- Artists to create icon themes and GUI layout
- Quality Assurance, bug hunting
- A MediaWiki theme that fits a little more neatly with the LibreCAD website (would be nice, anyway)